We are looking for students who demonstrate strong interest in broadening their world views, curious about the outside world, and determine to pursuing knowledge in the areas of humanities and social science.
- An applicant would be considered eligible for the exchange programs only if:
- her/his CGA is A- or above;
- she/he can demonstrate a higher level of English communication skills.
- The Postgraduate Committee strongly advise:
- applicants in the MPhil programs to go on exchange in the second semester of their first year of study, and their length in exchange not to exceed one semester or two quarters;
- applicants in the PhD programs to go on exchange in the second year of their study, and their length in exchange not to exceed two semesters;
- Taught postgraduate program MA / MS applicants to extend at least one term for the exchange, they may expect a delay in original graduation. All applicants to plan ahead in consultation with their academic advisors.
|Exchange Semester||Application & Selection Period|
|Fall / Spring||December - January|
Action 1 Submit the application form and supporting documents
Submit the Application Form together with the following supporting documents:
- An updated CV (maximum 2 pages)
- An up-to-date transcript (download from SIS)
- A proof of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo)
- A written statement in English of about 500 words outlining their research interest and proposed subject of research/study
- A proof of funding source for the exchange study (studentship, recent bank statement or other funds)
- A reference letter from her/his academic advisor directly to our email by the deadline
Action 2 Consult your academic advisors
Applicant (if he/she is research postgraduate) shall consult his/her academic advisor regarding the proposed subject of research/study he/she wishes to undertake at the host university and identify a faculty member at the host university with whom he/she is interested to work with. The initial contact with the host faculty member shall be made by the academic advisor on behalf of the applicant.
Action 3 Interviewed by the school PG committee
Action 4 Nominated by SHSS
If a student is eligible to be nominated, the exchange coordinator will liaise with the corresponding host university coordinator.